COMMUNITY LEAF COLLECTION DAY INFORMATION -- Saturday, November 17 "the fine print."
The LCA board and Landscaping Committee are happy to once again be offering this service to our residents on two occasions -- November 17 and December 15. Premium Lawn and Landscape will once again be assisting us with this service. Mom Nature has suddenly decided cooler temperatures are appropriate. The leaves are beginning to fall all over Landsdowne -- whether you have a tree or not.
The "need to know" rules to be followed are simple. Please take a few minutes to review them --
- Premium will be in Landsdowne beginning early in the morning on Saturday to begin the process. There are a lot of streets to cover -- and they make many passes throughout the community to assure most leaves are removed.
- All leaves must be ready for pickup by 1 pm at the latest. The last pass will begin at that time. Your leaves will be removed even if they have previously been down your street -- as long as they are there by 1 pm.
- All leaves must be raked into the street (not on sidewalks or on the curb or in your driveway) and may not be blocked by any vehicles -- nor block the mailboxes (private or community) for pickup or your mail will not be delivered.
- We will be notifying the Post Office of this scheduled event. We know this is an inconvenience for mail delivery. Our mail carrier often gets a little "testy" on these event days. Please accept his frustration for what it is -- just that -- frustration. Please remember, too -- he has a job to do -- on a time schedule -- and Landsdowne is a mobile carrier route -- not a walk route.
- Leaf piles located between parked cars will also not be picked up due to the potential damage to vehicles. The huge vacuum needs great maneuverability and access in order to do the job.
- Bagged leaves will not be taken with the Saturday community wide cleanup.
- This collection is for leaves only -- not branches or other yard debris.
- In the townhome areas, please, if at all possible, rake your piles to a central location at the end of each row for easiest removal. Leaves raked into piles in regular parking spaces (to the front or, or side of parked cars) will not be taken, especially if the space on either side is not also open.
- Regardless of where the piles are created, please do not allow the piles to become so large that they impede a good traffic flow.
- If you pile your leaves into the street please be cautious and aware that they are magnets for kids (and pets) who love to jump into and play in them. Keep a watchful eye at all times. You will also need to re-rake any leaves that are used for play areas.
- The crews would always appreciate water or snacks. They work very hard to get our leaves removed.
Landscaping@Landsdowne.Org will be happy to answer any questions you might have. On the day of pick up if you have any specific questions please text or call (571-237-5813).
At last – the news you have all been waiting for…..the results of the Parking Amendment vote are in!!!! Drum roll please……………………………THE PARKING AMENDMENT HAS PASSED!!!!!!!
WHAT DOES THIS REALLY MEAN? Great question!
In the end, this means that each and every townhome will be assigned ONE parking spot. However, before the parking spots can be reassigned, the BOD together with the Parking Committee have some work to do.
SO WHAT’s NEXT? Glad you asked!!!
FIRST: We are reaching out to the county and working to hire an approved company to come out and do an official survey to resize our parking spots so they are all up to county code and of equal size. THIS is a good thing, as it will likely CREATE MORE parking spots in our community!
SECOND: We have a company standing by to resize and stencil the “assigned” or “reserved” parking markings on the spots. As soon as we receive the report from the official survey we will schedule this work to be done.
THIRD: While steps one and two are happening, in parallel, the parking committee will be working on the implementation plan. This will include identifying which spot will be assigned to which home, and how the spots will be marks (lot #, home # etc).
PLEASE NOTE: While the BOD and the Parking Committee will be working as fast as possible on these things, the BOD intends to ensure they are done correctly and are implemented with the level of thought and detail required to ensure the quality our community deserves is achieved. We ask for your continued patience as we work to ensure that this process is done CORRECTLY and as such, may take a little time. It is our goal to have all spots re-marked by sometime in the Fall, however we will keep the community posted on the progress.
The BOD would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to all of the residents who volunteered to help finally bring the community to resolution on this amendment!
Your Neighbors, The Landsdowne Board of Directors