Welcome to the Landsdowne community home page. Please come back often to get news and important information about what is going on in our community.
The Landsdowne Community Association
Special Meeting this month on changes to governing documents -
The Landsdowne Community Association (LCA) Board of Directors (BOD) is notifying the community that on Thursday, January 20th at 7:00pm there will be an in-person Special Meeting to vote on changes to our governing documents. A regular BOD meeting will begin after the Special Meeting at 7:30pm.
Date/Time: Thursday, January 20th at 7:00pm.
Location: Moose Lodge located at 7701 Beulah St, Alexandria, VA 22315.
Purpose of the meeting: To amend our governing documents to prohibit non-residents from serving on the Board of Directors.
To make this change two documents needs to be amended, the By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation. You can find the exact proposed verbiage here
How to vote: you can vote in-person at the meeting, or online (instructions for online voting below).
COVID protocols: We STRONGLY encourage you to vote electronically due to the rising numbers of COVID in our area, and the high transmissibility of the current variant. If you do decide to attend in person we require masks, and will be enforcing social distancing as best as possible.
Background: According to the current governing documents anyone (resident or nonresident) can stand for election to the BOD and serve if elected. At the 2021 Annual Meeting, several members of the community requested that the board hold a membership vote to amend the By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation to limit service as a Director to "owners and residents only." A resident petition was started and the BOD subsequently voted to hold a Special Meeting to discuss and vote on the proposed changes.
Options: By voting "yes", you are agreeing to amend the governing documents to allow ONLY owners and/or current residents (including renters) to serve on the Board of Directors. By voting "no", you are NOT agreeing to amend the governing documents and anyone, to include those who are not owners or residents, will continue to be eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
Voting online instructions: If you did not receive an email from VoteHOAnow regarding the electronic vote, please do the following to cast your vote:
1) Check your inbox for an email from VoteHOAnow. This email will contain your registration code to allow you to vote.
2) If you did not receive an email from VoteHOAnow, please email FSR management at the contact information below and we will email you instructions with your registration code. The invite to vote email is: https://landsdowne.ivotehoa.com/
3) Please note only one (1) email for the official vote will be sent via email. As per the Landsdowne governing documents, each household will receive one (1) vote.
Open BOD seat
There is currently a vacancy on the Landsdowne Board of Directors and we will be seeking nominees for the position. If you are interested, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Complete the pertinent biographical information and qualifications on the application form available here
. All questions pertain to your Landsdowne experiences and expectations unless otherwise noted. Please print or type all information. You may use additional sheets as needed.
2. Send your completed Application for Candidacy to: Mike.Hurrle@fsresidential.com, with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail your form to the address below so that it is received by the staff of FirstService Residential no later than 11:59pm on Thursday January 6th, 2022.
3. Look for a confirmation email from FirstService Residential and/or the Nominations Committee. LANDSDOWNE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION, INC. c/o FirstService Residential11351 Random Hills Road, Suite 500 | Fairfax, Virginia 22030 Phone (703) 385-1133, Mike.Hurrle@fsresidential.com
Landsdowne Community Association
Dues - 2021 Dues remain the same as 2020. Association dues as of January 1 will be $305.27 (townhomes) and $228.49 (single family homes) and are payable in full on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. If you are still paying by check and If you have not received your coupons, please contact FirstService Residential (FSR) Customer Care Center at 1-866-433-3187. They may also be reached by email at AR.DCMetro@fsresidential.com. Not having a coupon book is no excuse for not paying your dues. If you have questions or concerns, always reach out to the board or FSR.