Landsdowne has many recreation areas. For specific questions or to provide comments, please us contact us.
Basketball Court - Do you love shooting hoops? Join fellow players on our court, located off the walking path on the west side behind Morning Ride Circle. Courts are open from dawn to dusk every day.
Community Benches and Walking Path - A 1/2 mile walking path runs the length of Landsdowne through the common area. Enjoy taking a stroll with fellow residents or with your dogs. Part of the path adjoins a wooded area. We often see white tail deer and birds of many different species. Bluebird houses will be added later this fall. If you simply wish to "get away" and enjoy being outdoors, please also take time to stop and relax on our many beautiful seating areas located strategically throughout Landsdowne. And if you want to spend time walking with others, why not start a walking group?
Swimming Pool - Our community pool is located at 8000 Morning View Lane. The season runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Click here for official 2021 pool hours and policies and here for pool rules. Our pool is a competition length 25 meter pool with 5 swimming lanes and shallow and deeper areas for child play. We also have a full wading pool for the kids among us. Our pool is managed by MGN Pools. General opening hours are 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM everyday. Saturday the pool opens from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM for an adult only (18 +) lap swim. For information on pool closures, please call the pool house at (703) 541-5130
The Pool Committee works as the community liaison with the Landsdowne Board and MGN Pools. Pool pass distribution is managed through the Pool committee. You can apply for pool passes here
. They also help schedule swimming lessons and other water related activities. For general questions or information about the pool, please click here
to send a message to the Swimming Pool Committee.
Pool Patio and Grill Usage
The pool patio area is available for organized group events such as birthday parties, family gatherings, etc.
- Organized group events cannot exceed 30 attendees.
- No group event may be hosted by anyone under the age of 18.
- No alcohol is allowed for safety reasons when the pool is open.
- Organized group events must be scheduled through the Landsdowne website (www.Landsdowne.org) by completing an online application. At least one (1) week’s advance notice is required. Only Landsdowne residents may schedule and host organized events on the pool patio.
- Group event hosts/sponsors are responsible for set-up and clean-up for each event. Events are scheduled in 3-hour increments (including set-up and clean-up time). Group events can only be scheduled during normal pool operating hours.
- Event hosts/sponsors are required to send a list of all event attendees to email@example.com at least a week prior to their event. The event host is not required to use their 10 punch guest passes with proper sign-in on the guest list sheet. Failure to present a special event sign-in sheet prior to the beginning of an event will require that the sponsor/host use their pool guest punch card.
- Impromptu group events are only permissible subject to approval of the pool chair and pool management. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests.
- Under no circumstances may non-attendees be prevented from using the pool patio area. If non-attendees are behaving in a disruptive manner, however, hosts can report them to the lifeguards on duty (who may remove them from the area).
Use of the community grill located on the pool patio area is by reservation only and is the only grill
permitted to be used on the swimming pool property. The grill may only be reserved by completing the Pool Patio Reservation Form
There is a $10 grill usage fee, you are responsible for cleaning the grill after your event. Anyone using the grill does so at their own risk and liability. If you fail to clean the grill after your event you will be charged a $25.00 clean up fee.
Landsdowne is home to two (2) regulation sized courts for match play or simply volley. The courts are open from dawn until dusk every day. The tennis courts are accessed via a locked entry and are located at 8000 Morning View Lane. Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome.
The tennis courts are locked with a combination lock, to receive the combination please send a message to the Pool & Recreation Committee.
Landsdowne has three tot lots located conveniently throughout the community. One is located at the pool, one on the east side of the community walking path. The third is located in the common area behind High Valley Lane, Topper Court and Sky Blue Drive. These are for the use and enjoyment of all residents and are open dusk to dawn.